Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Mla format essay on word

Mla format essay on word

Oct/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

MLA style research paper - Office …

Mla format essay on word

Write My Paper For Me -
Setting up an Essay in MLA Format - Sierra College

You find essay writing difficult? We understand your struggles! You have to be a “grand plan” writer if you want to essay handle all academic projects on time. Your professors impose various essay assignments, term papers, case studies, research papers, lab reports, business plans, and teenage argumentative other types of projects that you have to handle within limited time. If you don’t get enough time to read relevant sources, make notes and make a detailed plan before you start writing, you won’t have a complete picture of the project. That will result with superficial content that fails to impress.

Your professors request different types of mla format on word, assignments, but don’t bother giving you instructions on paper on intrinsic, how to essay on word complete them. It takes a lot of practice to become a skilled academic writer, but you are left with several projects and resume ready no idea on how to tackle them. Mla Format On Word. It’s understandable why many students wonder “can I get someone to write my paper?” When you don’t have the needed base of knowledge and experience in academic writing, it’s simply impossible to tackle all assignments you get. What can you do when you cannot complete academic projects? First of all, you should understand that it’s important to christmas year evaluate the situation. Identify your strengths and weaknesses and think whether or not you will be capable to write the paper on time. Mla Format. If you realize that you don’t get the resume ready, topic or you simply don’t want to write the content, then you have few possible solutions: ? You can find a “writing buddy” – a friend or family member who is always willing to mla format essay on word help when you get stuck. Due to the complexity and length of the papers you have to complete, you shouldn’t be surprised if no one is honored to take that role. ? You can ignore the task or beg your professor to extend the deadline.

Clearly, you can’t achieve great results with procrastination. ? Buy research paper, essay, case study, or any other type of essay christmas and new year, project you need from an online service. You cannot risk delegating the assignment to writers who are incapable of meeting your requirements. When you entrust your projects to RushAnEssay.com, you can feel safe knowing that great results are guaranteed! What makes RushAnEssay.com better than other essay writing services? Students who encounter our website for mla format essay on word the first time usually ask: “why should I hire you to write my essay?” That’s a fair question! You surely want to rely on a service that protects you with strong guarantees and ensures your ultimate satisfaction. Resume Ready. Allow us to explain what makes us the best choice among competitive writing services. Mla Format Essay. ? We can complete any academic project, regardless of the deadline you set.

The team of writers we have assembled has the capacity to cope with short deadlines and common essay running complex requirements. On Word. ? Speaking of the suicide essay, writing team, we ensure you that the best essay writers in mla format on word the industry work for essay about christmas and new us. They have all obtained MA or PhD degrees from some of the mla format on word, most reputable universities in English-speaking countries. We always pair the projects with writers who hold a relevant degree. Research Paper. Although their education enables them to mla format essay on word tackle the topics from an expert’s point of view, that’s not their only advantage. Our team members are also trained and talented writers who produce extraordinary content. ? When you decide to get research paper help from an online service, you have specific requirements and resume ready expect the writer to mla format on word follow them. At RushAnEssay.com, you will receive custom-writing assistance. Our work always results with 100% unique content constructed according to the detailed requirements of the customers. Rest assured that you won’t be submitting plagiarized content when you rely on our essay help. ? We offer strong guarantees that will make you feel safe. Research Paper And Extrinsic Motivation. We will never share your private information with third parties. ? Since the writer will adjust their tone and style to on word suit your requirements, your professors will never know you’ve been ordering papers online. ? We have a 24/7 customer support system.

You can feel free to pseudarthrosis 2mm retrolisthesis contact a representative at mla format, any time; we will never make you wait! You’ll get the highest quality for the lowest price at our website! Students are always concerned about the price when they decide to hire a paper writing service. At RushAnEssay.com, we have tailored an resume ready, affordable pricing system that determines the final cost according to the chosen product, number of pages, deadline, and preferred quality level. You will notice that our quotes per page are lower when compared to other websites. However, that doesn’t mean the quality of on word, our products is affected in research paper and extrinsic any way. Each custom essay completed by our writers meets the essay, highest standards of quality in the industry.

You’ll be even happier when you find out reading is importance that we also offer a beneficial discount program. New and returning customers can always save money when purchasing essays at our website! It’s really easy to order papers online! Did you think you would face an unresponsive system and a lot of stress when ordering academic content online? That won’t happen when you choose RushAnEssay.com to be your partner! ? The first step of the process involves an order form. You will need to essay complete it with all details about the essay writing help you want to get. ? Once we get your order, we will find the most suitable writer from our team to work on it. With. Your writer will accept your collaboration and additional instructions whenever you want to contact them through the direct messaging system. ? We always complete the essay, content on time! Rest assured that the deadline you set will not be violated! Your satisfaction is guaranteed when you order papers at resume ready, RushAnEssay.com! If you don’t like the content delivered by our research paper writing service, we will revise it for free no matter how many times you ask for mla format essay on word amendments.

Since we provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee, we enable each customer to ask for improvements until they get the expected results. Our Money Back Guarantee is the greatest protection you could ever get. With 2mm Retrolisthesis. Don’t hesitate to mla format rely on us and order essays online. Your life will become much easier when you start collaborating with expert writers.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
The MLA Essay Format: its Proper Use - …

How to Construct a Killer Resume, From Start to Finish. Last week, I wrote a controversial article about mla format essay on word resume tips that got a lot of research paper motivation readers fired up. As a result, I thought it would be worthwhile to mla format essay, go through the entire process of creating a strong resume, step by step. Step 0: Do NOT fire up Microsoft Word and use a generic resume template. Absolutely, positively , do NOT do this, no matter what.

Microsoft Word is with, a powerful program, but just firing it up and essay opening up one of the included resume templates does one thing and one thing alone – make your resume look like everyone else’s. You want your resume to look unique and memorable, but classy – Word’s default templates will not cut the mustard. Step 1: Open a plain text document and start listing all of the information you might ever include on a resume. List the details of every job, including every possible relevant accomplishment at each one. List every organized activity you’ve ever participated in, and every noteworthy honor you’ve received in your life.

List everything . Tip #1: If you don’t know where to start, include the following in essay christmas and new, this order: Work experience (dates, names of employers, location, tasks, accomplishments) Education (dates, degrees obtained, location) Honors and awards. Other activities of note (professional organizations, special skills, etc.) This is essay, essentially your “default resume.” You’re never going to send it to anyone. Instead, you’re going to use it to quickly build the real resumes that you will send to research paper on intrinsic, potential employers. Step 2: Read and essay research the job you’re interested in applying for. Once you’ve found a job that you’re actually interested in common essay, applying for, do a few minutes’ worth of research. Find out on word as much as you can quickly about the job itself and about and new the employer. If you don’t understand fully what you’re applying for essay, and who your employer is going to be, you’re essentially tossing things at the wall and hoping it will stick.

Tip #2: Before you actually start assembling a resume for a job, make sure you can answer these five questions, at the very least. What is the likely primary function of the essay about and new, job? What are you being hired to do? This isn’t your job title, but what you will actually be doing. What is the organization that I’m applying to? Sure, you know the mla format on word, name of the resume ready, organization, but what is that organization’s function? Do they produce certain products? Do they provide certain services? What is the reputation of mla format essay this organization? Applying to Google and to “Joe’s Desperate Search Engine” are two completely different things, even though the jobs may appear very similar on paper.

Joe is pseudarthrosis with, probably seeking a programmer with very specific skills, while Google is looking for people who exhibit exceptional problem solving skills. What is my role within this organization? If you accept this job, what will your role be? Will you be working on developing the product directly, or will you be providing services to the public? Perhaps you will even be providing services to the people who make the products.

What skills and attributes point to success with this specific organization in the role I’m going to mla format essay on word, fill? Basically, knowing what you know about the job, what sorts of things would make you a really great candidate? Step 3: Open a new copy of your default resume and suicide argumentative eliminate everything that isn’t highly relevant or impressive. Now that you know what you’re applying for, you should know the skills and essay on word attributes that position would need. Eliminate everything that isn’t pertinent to the position or doesn’t speak extremely strongly for is importance essay, your character.

If you’re applying for a job as an administrative assistant, your position as a typist is probably very relevant – but if you’re seeking work as a manager of a department store, it basically just fills out your work history. Also, unless it’s highly relevant to what you’re applying for, don’t include much about mla format positions you left more than ten years ago. Tip #3: If you’re early in your career, you may wish to list some jobs that don’t match the description very well to establish a work history. Resume Ready! That’s fine, but go minimal on describing them. What you have now is the information you want to put on the resume. Now, let’s polish it up a bit. Step 4: Make your accomplishments ring with action. Now it’s time to polish up the statements about what you’ve done, focusing on two things: language that indicates that you’ve performed an action, and selection and essay on word modification of these statements to appeal to essay about year, the organization. First, go through and change all of the descriptions of your work tasks into essay action sentences. Let’s work through three examples of resume ready this. Bad job attribute : Participated in the development of a data entry program.

Better job attribute : Developed a high-throughput data entry program in essay on word, a team-based environment. Bad job attribute : Chaired three committees. Better job attribute : Led the common app short, creation of new company-wide policies. Bad job attribute : Introduced a new filing system and helped set it up. Better job attribute : Implemented a new document organization system.

In each case, the move was towards verbs that indicate more decisive action that led to mla format essay, a desired result. Employers want actions that lead to essay, results, not participation. Next, mold these action-oriented accomplishments so that they speak to essay on word, the job you’re applying for . Essay About! Let’s look at mla format essay that data entry program developer. A person with that on their resume might be applying for a software development position. In that case, one might want to highlight the common essay running, code-based accomplishment: Great job attribute : Wrote 22,000 lines of essay Java for a data-handling class for a high-throughput data-entry tool. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a leadership job, you may want something like this: Great job attribute : Led a team of seven to develop a high-throughput data entry program. In the end, you want to highlight those parts of the tasks you have done that will make you seem most exciting to the potential employer.

Step 5: Write a one sentence pitch explaining why your job attributes make you a good candidate. Your resume should not have an objective on it. A person hiring you can guess your objective from the simple fact that you applied. Instead, you should have a statement explaining how your specific skills make you the research paper on intrinsic, right person for essay, the job. Here’s a good example. I have nine years experience developing high-throughput Java-based data entry software and on intrinsic leading teams in mla format, the implementation of christmas and new this software. In other words, write a one-sentence summary of your qualifications as they specifically relate to the job you’re applying for.

This will go right at essay the top of the resume ready, resume. Now that you have all the information ready, it’s time to mla format essay, fire up Microsoft Word and resume ready make it shine. Step 6: Make a polished document out of the material you’ve created. There are several useful tutorials for just this task. I recommend starting with LifeClever’s tips for giving your resume a face lift, for mla format on word, starters. I strongly recommend using Georgia as your font, as it is fairly distinctive while still quite legible in resume ready, print, and essay on word I also recommend making your line spacing 120% (go to Format, choose Paragraph, choose Multiple, and set it to app short essay, 1.2). I also recommend putting things in the following order: Summary of Qualifications. Work Experience (unless this is your first “real” job) Professional Organizations (unless these are slim, the eliminate or move to end) Honors (unless these are slim, then eliminate or move to end)

A note indicating that references are available upon request. Ideally, you want this to be as short as possible. One page, with an additional cover letter, is best. If you feel the mla format on word, need to include more stuff, feel free, but every time you add something more to the resume, you provide more and suicide more cover for your truly excellent attributes to essay, hide in a sea of merely good attributes. Essay Christmas And New! One strong approach is to create a short resume and a long resume, and include a short URL (made at TinyURL) to download the on word, longer one if interested. I generally encourage people to include reference contact information in their long resume, but not in the short one.

Remember, always, that you’re trying to sell yourself to the company . Think of essay about christmas and new year yourself as a product on the shelf, next to many competitors. How are you going to grab their attention in a positive way, show off your best attributes, and make them at least consider buying you (i.e., interview you)? Keep that in mind at all times when constructing your resume, and you’ll do fine. Get rid of high interest debt with a 0% balance transfer credit card. Earn credit card points toward your favorite ways to travel. Save money and on word expand your travel budget by packing any one of these cards on essay year your trip. A comprehensive guide to maximizing rewards and getting paid back for everything you buy. “Chaired three committees” is many times better than “Led the creation of new company-wide policies”, which is so vague it could mean writing a roster for filling the office dishwasher. I like a bullet list of on word facts in essay about and new year, the resumes I review, and putting that at mla format the very top has always proved successful in my job applications. Achieved $5million in sales in 2006.

Worked on 6 university research facilities. Is Importance Essay! Supervise and mentor 10 junior personnel. Mla Format Essay On Word! Etc. I’m not a fan of is importance using inflated “office language” in place of these facts. This research into the job/company before creating a tailor-made resume reminds me a lot of submitting stories for publication. This research into the job/company before creating a tailor-made resume reminds me a lot of submitting stories for mla format on word, publication. The more you know… You mentioned honors and awards.

Is it okay to essay about, put in academic ones? I’ve been in the workforce for only a couple of years, so my experience is pretty limited. Also, some of my affiliations/volunteer work are religious in nature. Mla Format Essay! These gave me valuable leadership, project management and teaching experience. Would that be okay to put into my resume? You mentioned honors and awards. Is it okay to put in academic ones? I’ve been in the workforce for only a couple of paper and extrinsic years, so my experience is pretty limited. Also, some of my affiliations/volunteer work are religious in nature. These gave me valuable leadership, project management and teaching experience. Would that be okay to put into my resume?

Thanks! I am always amazed at the poor quality of resumes submitted by many job applicants. If you are not willing to put forth a little effort to get the job, it really makes me question your overall work ethic and essay your motivation to have a successful career. I think people should stop including their “objective” in their resumes. Essay Christmas! Obviously the on word, objective is to common essay, get a job in a related field. Frequently, applicants include nothing useful as their objective with things like “To find a position in the customer service sector that will utilize my people skills etc etc… This type of information is better left in your cover letter. One thing you didn’t mention is personal interests.

I have a short list on my resume, and essay on word it is great for building rapport and starting the pseudarthrosis 2mm retrolisthesis, conversation, especially if your interviewer shares similar interests. For the most part, this advice is great. But as guinness416 noted, your “bad job attributes” and “better job attributes” need work. “Chaired three committees” is essay on word, awesome to me as an employer. It conveys specific information. “Led the creation of new company-wide policies”, as guinness said, could mean anything. Your advice about including a pitch instead of an objective statement are spot-on. Objective statements are a waste of research motivation space. I have no idea who is perpetuating the idea that they’re a good idea, but they’re not. I’ve lurked here for quite a while now and essay on word thought i’d throw in the opinion of a HR professional. In terms of the “bad attributes and 2mm retrolisthesis good attributes” a better thing would be to mesh the essay on word, two together; “Chaired three committes leading to the creation of new company-wide policies” I agree with Money that objective statements are becoming a thing of the past. @Rita, In terms of the religios nature of your awards/affiliations, it is up to you.

However, you should be ready to have comments made about this (of course it would depend on the industry you are in) If I eliminate everything that isn’t highly relevant or impressive, I’d be down to app short, almost nothing! I have had two low-wage dead-end jobs over the last 25 years. Essay! What’s impressive about that? I can SAY I have certain skills, but if those wkills have never been relevant to reading essay, my employment, how are employers going to receive that claim? There are non-employment attributes I could include (e.g.

I was on mla format essay the board of my neighborhood association and app short essay a local food co-op) but wouldn’t that be excessive reaching in mla format, the context of scant job achievement? (Yes, “excessive reaching” itself is excessive reaching. Irony intended.) Any opinions to the idea that pitch and/or objective statements are both unneeded? The pitch is and extrinsic motivation, how you should begin your cover letter. I agree the resume should be tailored to the job opening, but I am no fan of any opening paragraphs. I do list my most relevant abilities on mla format essay the top depending on essay the job, which could be seen as a bulleted form of mla format a pitch. Good stuff, Trent. Especially original (and after my own heart) is starting in a text editor…not letting someone else’s (poor) cookie cutter form dictate your personal marketing document. One thing that bears repeating and CANNOT be stressed enough: tailor your resume individually for each and 2mm retrolisthesis every job opportunity you’re applying for. Unless you’re applying to manager of cereal branding at General Mills and want to impress people with your mass marketing skills, no hiring manager will waste time with your resume unless ever inch of it sings your praises for the one job you’re being considered for.

If you really want the job, take the time to figure out mla format which of your strengths are appropriate for THAT job, and move them to the very top of your resume and eliminate everything that’s not relevant or interesting to common essay, the hiring manager. Despite my firm belief in the philosophy of the Purple Cow, my instinct is to essay, save the about christmas and new year, personal interests for the interview. Resumes are screened by mla format essay on word computers and/or HR people for keyword richness, not your hobbies, and you can really only turn people off at the scanning stage. “Trent juggles? Oh no, the hiring manager’s mom was killed by a juggler. Pass.” Wait until you get the interview, look around the manager’s office for “no juggling” signs or voodoo dolls of clowns, then bring up your interests that make you remarkable and pseudarthrosis 2mm retrolisthesis memorable. I would refuse to hire you on the grounds that “throughput” is not a real word, and I wouldn’t want to have to work with someone who uses abstruse business-speak instead of real words. Throughput is for on word, sure a real world, usually used in context of computers, processors… How much data can be put through how quickly. Funny you should bring this up. I came across an interesting resume format the other night.

I recognize the shameless blog plug, but it’s located on my site at entry titled “Resumes Suck. Is Importance! (Until Now)”. Rick Turoczy of the More Than a Living blog has an on word, awesome format. Great post. For those of us who are recent graduates and haven’t had much experience putting a resume together, firing up Word or downloading a resume format is usually the first step. Essay Christmas And New Year! It’s usually a fear of the formality of the on word, document and not having a solid grasp of what to include in resume ready, it. I like how the personal interests were actually not mentioned. Some interests are frankly lame, and a resume can only ‘describe’ so much of you.

An interview is on word, a much better way to show how interesting of a person you are. I?d further reccomend that people, Trent included, that are interested in this to reading is importance essay, check out the Manager Tools podcast and website. They have a podcast titled “Your resume stinks!” and I believe they know it. The hosts have worked in corporate recruiting for many years, specifically in technical jobs. Minimum wage, having a steady job history looks good, no matter what the job. It looks especially good for entry-level jobs where employers experience a lot of problems with absenteeism and essay on word tardiness–just showing up and actually doing your work impresses them.

And absolutely, positively include any actual experience related to the jobs you want. Just because you didn’t get paid, doesn’t mean it’s not work experience. Research Paper On Intrinsic Motivation! In fact, if you can get volunteer gigs that require the skills you want to use in your next job, that’s a good plan. Did you accomplish anything impressive on these boards? If not, can you now, now that you know how things are currently done and have a better idea of the big picture?

Another approach is to get an mla format essay, entry-level job in a company that also hires people for the kind of resume ready job you want. I’ve even heard of people crossing the invisible barriers–I know an assembly line worker who got a job as an engineer in essay on word, the same firm just by speaking up at a meeting once (in addition to teenage, doing awesome work). Another approach is to join the professional associations that people who have the job you want next belong to and do committee work so that you can meet people and essay on word get good advice on what to is importance essay, do next. Thanks for a great post! Any resume advice is essay on word, greatly appreciated! Good tips, though I don’t agree with step #5. Research Paper! You should always include a cover letter with your resume which is mla format essay on word, where your pitch should go.

Putting a pitch at the top of and extrinsic motivation your resume is (or at mla format on word least should be) redundant. In regards to and extrinsic, hobbies and personal interests, I find that to be a bit of a gray area. Professionally I don’t think that should make a difference to whether or not someone is hired. Their life outside of the job is their own business. On the flip side you want to essay on word, hire someone that fits with your team and common interests can be an common app short essay running, easy way to have a conversation and find out a bit about someone’s personality. I disagree with you, DrBdan on step #5. Generally speaking, you are right – this should most certainly be shouted out at in your cover letter – thats the blurb that is going to get the mla format, potential employer to read your resume, period. However, if you can do two different blurbs, having it at the top of your resume will 1 – reinforce the idea, and 2mm retrolisthesis 2 – show your employer that you didn’t just copy and paste a blurb from the web, because you were able to organize your skills in two different ways. I think its a great idea to replace the mission statement with a pitch.

I want to add that finding a job while employed seems to be much easier than finding one when unemployed. I setup a linkedin.com page and have been using it heavily. Every time I meet someone whether we are in essay on word, Boston or Bangalore I send them an research on intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, invite. Slowly but surely my network is growing and essay people are coming to ME to is importance essay, see if I will work for mla format on word, them rather than the other way around. Resumes get you in about and new, the door but if you can be proactive while you are employed you can create your own safety net! I am so glad to see resume/cv related advice, but how do you get all that data together to essay, start with? I’ve often been told to provide anecdotal evidence, but I can never remember any when called upon!

Stephen’s comment that “an interview is a much better way to teenage suicide, show how interesting of mla format essay a person you are” is right on. Remember, resumes get you interviews, and interviews get you jobs. Write the best resume you can, but don’t neglect interview prep. Suicide Argumentative! I once interviewed a person who sounded absolutely perfect on mla format his resume, but in resume ready, his interview he was an essay, arrogant jerk, and we never talked to him again. We hired someone with a resume that was “marginal” because of research paper on intrinsic her limited experience, but in mla format on word, her interview it was clear she would be a terrific fit for our department. (And she was.) As a resume reviewer, I think personal interests are generally not helpful unless they demonstrate some personality trait relevant to the job — for example, if you run marathons, it gives me a sense that you are capable of setting goals and sticking to them. Please don’t tell me you do yoga. I do yoga.

Most of the reading is importance, people in mla format essay, my office do yoga. Suicide Argumentative Essay! It probably makes you a better worker. But it’s not going to start a conversation or get you the job. If you can make it interesting — “Recently completed 108 sun salutations in essay, one day to raise money for victims of domestic violence” — now that gets my attention. Which also ties in to paper on intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, Minimum Wage’s question — serving on the board of any organization definitely counts as relevant for essay, a lot of jobs. It (hopefully) shows that you’re willing to pitch in when people need help, and that you’ve probably been in about year, situations where you had to solve problems or make decisions as a team. You could have a whole section of your resume for “Leadership Positions” that may or may not include anything from your paid employment. Hey Simple Dollar, I keep ending up here from like 10 different places (MyMoneyBlog, this time it’s CodeProject!), good job on the market. There’s a line from the Tao Te Ching: “good speaking leaves nothing to mla format, pick at”, however, the fact that everyone is picking at the same thing (chaired committees and objective) gives me the impression that what you’ve written is very good.

So good that “we” only want to “fix” two things to make it perfect. So congrats! :) I will add my two cents to “Objective” discussion: Write a good objective or leave it out . If you don’t think that you can write a good one, leave it out. I like mine, it’s brief, it’s distinct, it says that I’m here and I’m going there. Research Paper On Intrinsic! The same things go for personal interests. My interests include Magic: the Gathering Pro Tour Competitor. This isn’t small potatoes, this is mla format, big money, I got a free flight to Geneva!

I’ve won money at an amateur open event and I’m one of the top-ranked players in pseudarthrosis 2mm retrolisthesis, Canada (in Limited). In a brain field, this is a relevant hobby. Though I can understand the personalized resume, I rarely customize the resume b/c I’m usually looking for mla format, the same type of job. Research On Intrinsic And Extrinsic Motivation! As a computer consultant, the 71 different buzzwords and TLAs on my two page resume are all quite specific. Essay On Word! I usually just spend extra time (1+ hours) to customize the cover letter. Interesting about the font type (Georgia) but you don’t reference the font size.

What is considered a readable font size? Font size = minimum 12. Objective. hmmm what if the about and new, employer is filling 6 different positions and HR gets ALL the resumes. Which resume goes with which job? Objective: Programmer (Job Title) or using a profile instead of an objective? Minimum Wage: with 25 years of work experience you have a truckload of essay transferable skills (hard and soft skills). The biggest part of making a resume work is publishing it. I would absolutely work to get a website or publish through a networking company such as LinkedIn. I’ve not had to send my resume to common app short essay running, anyone in years.

Definitely agree with point # 0 2. Do not use Microsoft Templates to mla format essay on word, ensure that your resume stands out from the crowd and be sure to research the pseudarthrosis with, job before applying for it and this way you will be able to create a customized resume which is cognizant to the needs of the essay on word, job and hence ensure at least a interview. Every time I write a resume, I don’t feel good about it. But when there’s a call for an interview, I think there’s a hope for me. My resume is not too bad. But what is a value of good resume without the teenage argumentative, skill for an interview. So, I basically think, a good resume is essay, useless without a good skill for an interview. Resume constructing tips found here really great. Reading Is Importance! Definitely i will follow some of them.Thanks for mla format essay, sharing useful information for job seekers. Whatever your taste, this is a great story! Bingo!

I love this blog…just bookmarked it. Keep it coming. These tips helped me to teenage suicide argumentative, make perfect resume and i got my job finally, all credits goes to you..thanks a Lot. Any experienced resume reviewer can advise on the best way to name a resume? Thanks. Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful it helped me. out a lot. I hope to give something back and mla format essay on word aid others. like you helped me. Good information.

Lucky me I ran across your website by accident (stumbleupon). I have saved as a favorite for later! Just sign up to The Simple Dollar Daily and start saving today. Just sign up to suicide argumentative, The Simple Dollar Daily and on word start saving today.

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
Setting your Essay to MLA Format in …

The Folly of the SAT Writing Section. Who can write a decent essay in 25 minutes? The Things People Say Right Before They Leave the Trump Administration. Trump's Puerto Rico Visit Is a Political Disaster. When Do We Get to Call Someone a Terrorist? The SAT is changing. Again. For the second time in just over a decade, the College Board, which administers the exam, is planning to redesign the exam. Essay? The details of the redesign aren’t public yet, but it looks like the result will be similar to teenage, the last time: Several cosmetic changes will raise the anxiety of essay, students and their parents but will likely fail to common app short running, address the deepest problem with the mla format, test or even make it worse.

This is good news for people like me, who make a living as an SAT tutor, but bad news for everybody else. When the common running, redesigned SAT premiered after several years of essay on word, planning in 2005, there were two major changes, one to content and another to structure. The old Math and Verbal (renamed Critical Reading) sections were joined by a Writing section, which includes an essay assignment that asks test takers to “develop a point of view on an issue,” such as, “Should we question the decisions made by figures of authority?” or “Can success be a disaster?” And, as a result of suicide, adding Writing to the test, the total length of the test increased by mla format essay on word 25 percent, the number of sections went from seven to ten, sections were shortened, and the number of questions in the Math and Reading Sections went down, making each question more valuable as a percentage of the available points while increasing the fatigue factor on the exam, as College Board’s own researchers acknowledged. The essay has provoked many criticisms (here, here, and here), but the loudest critic of the teenage suicide argumentative, essay these days is David Coleman, the president of the College Board, which administers the on word, SAT. Common App Short Essay? Coleman was the lead architect of the Common Core State Standards, which now shape the English Language Arts and mla format on word, Math curriculums in public primary and resume ready, secondary schools in 45 states. Essay On Word? He’s been praised by Arne Duncan, Bill Clinton, Time magazine, and others as a champion of academic reform. He has now turned his attention to fixing the essay section of the SAT. Speaking to the National Association for College Admission Counseling a few weeks ago, Coleman bemoaned the fact that SAT graders paid no attention to the accuracy of an essay’s claims in scoring it. Research Paper On Intrinsic And Extrinsic Motivation? He seemed particularly dismayed that a friend of his who tutors in Hong Kong goes so far as to advise her students to fabricate essay examples. When he recounted this same anecdote last year at the Brookings Institution, he elaborated, “Now I'm all for creativity and innovation, but I don't think that's quite the creativity we want to inspire in a generation of on word, youth.” Coleman has suggested that the essay assignment should no longer ask test-takers to come up with examples of their own.

Instead, they should analyze some documents and incorporate them into their response to the prompt. Coleman is to be commended for recognizing, as none of his predecessors did, that the SAT pushes students to practice. And so, as he told the New York Times in August, the test should focus on “things that matter more so that the endless hours students put into practicing for the SAT will be work that’s worth doing.” But will practicing for research and extrinsic, the new essay be worth doing? The way one answers this question depends in large part on essay what one thinks good writing is. Teenage Essay? Coleman has given us his criteria. At Brookings last fall, he argued , “If writing is to be ready for the demands of mla format on word, career and college, it must be precise, it must be accurate, it must draw upon reading is importance essay, evidence.” These are only some of the things most college-ready writing must be, however. College essays also need to be typed and spellchecked, but the SAT essay is handwritten and spelling errors do not matter. Mla Format On Word? Specious as that comparison might sound, it is a fact that in the age of Google, accuracy and evidence are, like layout and spelling, problems solved as much by technology as by about and new personal know-how.

It is marvelously simple to confirm a statement, but it is devilishly hard to write a well-balanced sentence. As of yet, there is no app for rhetoric or style. The literary scholar Stanley Fish has repeatedly argued that style and rhetoric should in fact be the only concern of composition instructors. I am inclined to agree with him that what makes a work of writing great is mla format its form (the way it is written) rather than its content (what it is written about). Essay Christmas? Alice Munro and mla format essay, David Foster Wallace are tremendous writers not because they write about anything particularly special but because they write about app short everything in a special way.

It would be wrong, however, to dismiss Coleman’s claim that students need to learn to work with sources. With information so readily available online, it is more important than ever that students learn to evaluate and interpret sources. The College Board already encourages these skills in its AP History courses, in mla format essay, which students learn to suicide argumentative, answer a document-based question. On Word? The AP exam’s document-based question reproduces about ten primary sources (e.g., newspaper articles, speeches, and cartoons) to essay about christmas, incorporate into mla format an argument about some historical phenomenon. Essays are assessed on the quality of their argument and the accuracy of about and new year, their claims.

Coleman admires the essay on word, AP system, and so it is probably the document-based question, or a scaled down version of it, that he has in with, mind for mla format essay on word, the SAT. There is with 2mm retrolisthesis nothing inherently wrong with making the SAT essay a document-based question; it might actually make it easier for test-takers, who typically worry most about finding examples for mla format essay on word, the essay. What would be wrong is if the time allotted for the essay did not change. Students have one hour to write the AP History essay, and the first 15 minutes of that hour are reserved exclusively for those activities writers should perform before they write any argument: analysis, evidence gathering, and outlining. In contrast, the entire SAT essay lasts 25 minutes. In that time, a test taker must outline the essay, write it, and reading is importance, revise it.

Or, more commonly, skip the first and last step and mla format essay on word, suffer the consequences. In all his criticism of the SAT essay, Coleman has expressed no concern with the time granted to pseudarthrosis with 2mm retrolisthesis, examinees to write it, even though a document-based format would demand more time. Despite his desire that the mla format on word, SAT encourage writing “ ready for resume ready, the demands of career and college,” any essay that is severely constrained by time provides a counterproductive model for writing. Most anyone who has taught composition quickly realizes that many of the problems of bad writing could be easily corrected if the writer simply created an outline before getting started and carried out multiple revisions, rather than staying up all night to get an assignment done for the next day. The SAT essay reinforces many students’ mistaken belief that writing is an act of inspiration giving rise to a sudden burst of activity that can be carried out only under extreme pressure. Sound familiar? Given its ridiculous time constraints, the SAT essay is a model for the all-nighter. If the essay is to be revamped to look more like the mla format on word, AP History exam, then the time granted to write the essay will have to resume ready, be longer. At three hours and essay on word, 45 minutes of reading essay, testing time, however, the SAT is mla format essay already longer than the admissions exams for law school, business school, and PhD programs. It is hard to imagine that the College Board will push to paper and extrinsic motivation, make the mla format essay on word, exam longer yet. The other options are to cut or shorten other sections of the SAT.

The solution? The College Board should make the test longer but break it up over several school days. I used to tell students that they should think of the SAT as a marathon, but that is not quite right. The SAT is really a series of sprints, ten in a row. Imagine if the and extrinsic motivation, Olympics only held 100-meter races. Usain Bolt would be happy, but what about double gold-medalist Mo Farrah and mla format essay on word, a host of resume ready, other long distance runners? That is basically what colleges that require the mla format essay, SAT do. App Short Running? No matter what changes the College Board makes to mla format, the content of the SAT, the test will remain deeply flawed (and eminently coachable!) as long as it continues to research paper on intrinsic motivation, reward only the sprinters. Mass Shootings in mla format essay, the United States: 'This Is Who We Are' In the pseudarthrosis with, wake of Las Vegas, only mla format essay on word one thing is pseudarthrosis with certain, according to James Fallows: it will happen again. The Things People Say Right Before They Leave the Trump Administration.

The secretary of state denied he was close to mla format essay, quitting, but did not explicitly reject a news report that said he called President Trump a “moron.” Rex Tillerson’s forceful defense of President Trump, after an NBC News report said the secretary of state had called the common essay running, commander-in-chief a “moron” and mla format on word, seriously considered quitting his job, offered few clues about his eventual fate. From Sean Spicer to Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus, it’s not uncommon for Trump’s aides to pseudarthrosis with 2mm retrolisthesis, defend the president—right before being shown the on word, door. Tillerson, the top U.S. Reading? diplomat, may be in a category by himself—but as he reminded everyone on Wednesday: He serves at the pleasure of the president. “The vice president has never had to persuade me to remain as secretary of state, because I have never considered leaving this post,” Tillerson said in an unscheduled appearance before the media at the State Department, referring to the NBC report. A small group of programmers wants to on word, change how we code—before catastrophe strikes. T here were six hours during the night of April 10, 2014, when the entire population of Washington State had no 911 service. People who called for help got a busy signal. One Seattle woman dialed 911 at least 37 times while a stranger was trying to break into essay her house. When he finally crawled into her living room through a window, she picked up a kitchen knife.

The man fled. The 911 outage, at the time the largest ever reported, was traced to software running on a server in Englewood, Colorado. Operated by a systems provider named Intrado, the server kept a running counter of how many calls it had routed to 911 dispatchers around the country. On Word? Intrado programmers had set a threshold for how high the counter could go. About Christmas And New? They picked a number in the millions. Trump's Puerto Rico Visit Is a Political Disaster.

The president told residents to be “very proud” they hadn’t endured a “real catastrophe” like Katrina, doing little to erase the impression that he sees hurricane relief more as a political story than a human one. Making his first appearance in mla format on word, hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico since Maria’s landfall, President Trump offered a hearty round of congratulations to federal relief efforts and resume ready, thanked the essay on word, island’s governor. But the president also suggested Maria was not a “real catastrophe,” made an odd and misleading comparison to the death toll from research paper on intrinsic motivation, Hurricane Katrina, and joked about how the hurricane would affect the federal budget. It was a typically strange, disjointed appearance by on word the president, and with 2mm retrolisthesis, it came just days after Trump spent much of the essay, weekend picking fights with the resume ready, mayor of San Juan and mla format on word, insisting that, against all evidence, the recovery effort had largely responded to Puerto Rico’s needs. At Muniz Air Force Base, Trump was eager to praise the work of federal agencies, including FEMA, the Air Force, the Navy, and the Coast Guard, amid a chorus of criticism that Washington’s response has been too slow and with, too small. But that praise led him in mla format essay on word, strange directions. Her music inspires a deep sense of intimacy, yet her fierce privacy is the key to her genius. From certain angles, it seems entirely remarkable that Joni Mitchell—one of the most cerebral songwriters in resume ready, modern pop and a woman whose relationship to the spotlight has always been deeply ambivalent—ever became a massive star.

From other angles, her ascension seems inevitable. She was so precociously talented that she composed hits in spite of herself, first gaining renown when “Both Sides Now” became a top-10 single for Judy Collins in 1968. Mitchell, who was 25 years old, had only just released her first record. Two years later, her third album, Ladies of the Canyon , closed with the troika of “Big Yellow Taxi,” “Woodstock,” and “The Circle Game,” three of the most iconic songs of essay, a generation, rattled off almost as an afterthought. The following year brought Blue , now recognized by many as her masterpiece.

This summer—almost half a century later— Blue topped NPR Music’s list of “The 150 Greatest Albums Made by resume ready Women,” compiled by a panel of nearly 50 contributors. When Do We Get to mla format on word, Call Someone a Terrorist? There’s a compulsion to keep mental ledgers of the about christmas and new year, jihadists and non-jihadists. But what can these statistics really tell us? Police say the Las Vegas killer was a white American named Steve. Two days later, we still know almost nothing else about him. On Word? But for some, those facts answer the most important questions: race, nationality, likely religion. For some, those are the teenage, most important questions about anyone.

The top priority, as soon as blood spills, is to open the ledger, and see whether to add to the column of white rampage killers with names like Steve or Curtis, or the column of olive-hued foreigners with names like Omar or Abd al-Rahman. Essay? Ah hell, who am I kidding? When I heard the killer’s name, I mentally sorted him into one category and not the other. Maybe you didn’t. But I bet you did. The compulsion to keep these mental ledgers should embarrass us, since all bigotry starts as an unhealthy accounting exercise. (The young Martin Amis asked his father Kingsley, “What is it like to be mildly anti-Semitic?” Kingsley replied: “Very mild, as you say. . If I’m watching television I might notice the Jewish names the credits and think, ‘Ah, there’s one! There’s another one!’”) But worse than keeping a ledger is keeping one without knowing it, and worst of all is keeping a crooked set of books. The foundation of essay, Donald Trump’s presidency is the negation of mla format on word, Barack Obama’s legacy.

It is insufficient to state the obvious of Donald Trump: that he is a white man who would not be president were it not for resume ready, this fact. With one immediate exception, Trump’s predecessors made their way to high office through the passive power of whiteness—that bloody heirloom which cannot ensure mastery of all events but can conjure a tailwind for most of essay on word, them. Land theft and human plunder cleared the common app short essay running, grounds for Trump’s forefathers and barred others from it. Essay On Word? Once upon the field, these men became soldiers, statesmen, and scholars; held court in Paris; presided at Princeton; advanced into the Wilderness and christmas and new year, then into the White House. Their individual triumphs made this exclusive party seem above America’s founding sins, and it was forgotten that the former was in fact bound to the latter, that all their victories had transpired on cleared grounds. No such elegant detachment can be attributed to Donald Trump—a president who, more than any other, has made the essay, awful inheritance explicit. The Problem With Trump's Madman Theory. It didn’t work for Nixon. It’s even less likely to work now. Last weekend, President Donald Trump reportedly told the U.S. trade representative to scare South Korean negotiators by telling them he was a madman. “You tell [the South Koreans] if they don't give the concessions now, this crazy guy will pull out research on intrinsic and extrinsic of the deal,” he said, referring to the U.S.-Korea free trade agreement.

That report came at the end of a day in essay, which the president’s tweets about another issue on running the Korean peninsula evoked comparisons to the Nixon-era “madman theory” that you can scare an opponent into concessions by cultivating an image of recklessness. “I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of essay, State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man,” the president wrote. “… Save your energy Rex, we’ll do what needs to be done!” Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation? More comfortable online than out partying, post-Millennials are safer, physically, than adolescents have ever been. Paper And Extrinsic Motivation? But they’re on essay the brink of a mental-health crisis. O ne day last summer, around noon, I called Athena, a 13-year-old who lives in resume ready, Houston, Texas. She answered her phone—she’s had an iPhone since she was 11—sounding as if she’d just woken up. We chatted about her favorite songs and TV shows, and I asked her what she likes to do with her friends. “We go to the mall,” she said. “Do your parents drop you off?,” I asked, recalling my own middle-school days, in essay, the 1980s, when I’d enjoy a few parent-free hours shopping with my friends. “No—I go with my family,” she replied. Is Importance? “We’ll go with my mom and brothers and walk a little behind them.

I just have to tell my mom where we’re going. I have to check in essay, every hour or every 30 minutes.” Those mall trips are infrequent—about once a month. Teenage? More often, Athena and her friends spend time together on their phones, unchaperoned. Essay? Unlike the teens of my generation, who might have spent an evening tying up the family landline with gossip, they talk on suicide argumentative essay Snapchat, the smartphone app that allows users to send pictures and videos that quickly disappear. They make sure to mla format essay on word, keep up their Snapstreaks, which show how many days in a row they have Snapchatted with each other. Reading Is Importance Essay? Sometimes they save screenshots of particularly ridiculous pictures of friends. “It’s good blackmail,” Athena said. (Because she’s a minor, I’m not using her real name.) She told me she’d spent most of the summer hanging out alone in her room with her phone. That’s just the way her generation is, she said. Essay On Word? “We didn’t have a choice to know any life without iPads or iPhones.

I think we like our phones more than we like actual people.” Do Cultural Differences Change What Depression Feels Like? The contrasting ways Chinese people and Westerners express symptoms could point to distinct experiences of the same disorder. Just after lunchtime, on common app short a blistering summer day in mla format essay on word, Washington, D.C., cultural psychologist Yulia Chentsova-Dutton is showing me the stars. They’re on her computer screen at Georgetown University, and labeled disturbingly: insomnia, anhedonia, headache, social withdrawal, chronic pain, and pseudarthrosis 2mm retrolisthesis, more.

Each star represents a somatic or emotional sensation linked to depression. Chentsova-Dutton’s father was an astronomer. She’s found a way to use what he studied, the night sky, to understand her own research: how culture can influence the mla format essay, way we feel and express emotion. If you look up, there are thousands of stars, she says. You can’t possibly take them all in.

So, each culture has invented schemas to common, remember them by, constellations. Mla Format Essay? She pushes a button, and several of the depression stars are connected by a thin yellow line. What's Happening With the Relief Effort in resume ready, Puerto Rico? A timeline of the unprecedented catastrophe of mla format essay on word, Hurricane Maria. What is happening in Puerto Rico? Since the storm made landfall on teenage suicide September 20, Hurricane Maria has wreaked havoc on the island, causing a level of widespread destruction and disorganization paralleled by few storms in American history.

Almost two weeks after the storm abated, most of the island’s residents still lack access to electricity and clean water. From a meteorological standpoint, Maria was nearly a worst-case scenario for the territory: The center of essay, a huge, nearly Category 5 hurricane made a direct hit on Puerto Rico, lashing the island with wind and research and extrinsic, rain for longer than 30 hours. “It was as if a 50- to 60-mile-wide tornado raged across Puerto Rico, like a buzz saw,” Jeff Weber, a meteorologist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, has told Vox . What If Everyone Ate Beans Instead of Beef? What can an individual do about climate change? The easiest answer: make this one dietary switch. Depression, anxiety, overeating, addiction, and all other mental disorders share a common mechanism.

Research shows that using curse words can persuade everyone from voters to your co-workers. Get 10 issues a year and save 65% off the cover price.

Write my essay -
Setting up an Essay in MLA Format - Sierra College

a camping trip essay This camping trip was a great experience for our class. Essay. Being around nature, like we were, gave us the oppertunity to understand our outside environment better. Water testing, canoeing, discussing philosophical connections to nature, exploring, and of course campfire stories, were some of the fun things we got to essay about christmas and new year, do with our peers while interacting with nature. Scott Lewis, from the Geography Department at UWEC came and discussed how to use GPS devices and mla format on word why they are so useful for essay, people in his field. I come from a very rural area so being outside is where I love to be. Being surrounded by nothing but trees, water, wildlife, and the sky allows me to reflect and think about anything without disturbance. It's so great what the mla format essay outdoors can do for a person. Nothing about this trip (being cold 95% of the time) changed my view of nature and the outdoors--it just made me more appreciative of the natural beauty that our environment has to research, offer.

Even though I thought I lost my toes by dawn, I still had an incredible time getting to know my environment, classmates, and professors. And I will never forget Ben's creepy little boy/girl stories. ever. :) The camping trip and being outside in the environment was very relaxing after all the changes that being a college freshman brings. It was nice to get away from all the noise and essay busyness of campus life for a while. I have two favorite parts. Resume Ready. The first was canoeing because I love canoeing and we got to explore the lake and dodge the treacherous tree branches (we called them icebergs). The other was when we sat around the campfire at night and mla format essay on word just told stories. Since we’d only essay about christmas and new known each other for three weeks, it was fun to get to know everyone by the stories they told and our mutual need for warmth. I like that we went hiking to see the different ways that we interact with our environment and I even liked that we got lost. That rock that we stopped at on the ski trail was probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.

With the leaves all different colors and the water flowing quietly you could really see how peaceful the undisturbed natural beauty of it was and essay on word it made me wonder what other stunning and serene places were destroyed in order to argumentative essay, build the mla format on word culture we live in. Being away from the routine of everyday life and research paper getting to mla format essay, experience nothing but nature is something that I love doing and will continue to common essay, do my entire life. After a stressful first few weeks of college, it was really nice to get off campus, and into a quiet camp site. The best part of the trip for on word, me was probably the research on intrinsic and extrinsic motivation park that we went to on the way back from mla format essay on word, Coon Fork. There were so many awesome things to see, and places to explore.

I walked up the river with Justin with the intention of crossing the river by reading essay, jumping on wet and slippery rocks. Unsurprisingly, we both slipped, and put a foot in the river. Despite the misstep, I still found the mla format stop enjoyable. I also thoroughly enjoyed both the canoeing trip, and common app short essay running the hike. Patrick, Garrett, and I had to test the oxygen levels in mla format, the lake. We quickly finished our tests, and pseudarthrosis 2mm retrolisthesis made for mla format essay on word, the beach. On Intrinsic And Extrinsic Motivation. The beach was really cool, because for the first time that day, we were able to just sit there and do nothing, and it was in mla format, the sun, so we were warm. It was awesome. The “hobo” dinners were probably the most interesting part of the trip. The food was very good though.

Even though it got to a very cold temperature during the reading is importance night, it was a lot of fun just sitting around the fire, getting to know the others in our group. The ghost stories were amusing, although Ben’s little girl stories were beyond creepy. It was also a great opportunity to mla format, get to know our professors (and our Coach) better. Despite the bitterly cold night, the trip was definitely worth it. After three (?) weeks of school, it was the research and extrinsic motivation perfect time to get off of campus and relax.

Sometimes you just got to freeze your tail off to appreciate nature, and we did just that. I had a really good time spending the two days at the different locations, and with everyone in our class. I didn't expect somewhere so close to campus could be so enjoyable. We started off by setting up camp, very efficiently, and we were all anxious to get started with what the day had in store. Taking the first walk around the mla format essay on word lake was great, because we really got to see where we were, and it was the first time in a long time when I really got to suicide, take in nature and mla format essay on word enjoy the present. After we refueled with some sandwiches we headed out onto the lake and canoed. We wen't over to the beach and resume ready finally got to relax in the sun that had not seemed to be there in so long.

This is were we did our tests. My group ended up testing some of the water, just to see how clear it was and how the quality was. After everyone was done canoeing we really kicked back and relaxed. Sitting around the fire was a good time, especially when we all told our scariest stories we knew. I think this type of socializing is really good for people, and I felt this way.

Nothing beats a hobo dinner and essay a good fire. Resume Ready. The next day really put the nature aspect up there when we were able to visit Big Falls. Ben, Garret and I headed straight to the heart of the falls, but eventually walked through the water to head on home. It was all really great to just relax and be in nature with people I really didn't know very well. Last weekend really had an effect on me. There is nothing better than spending time outdoors making connection with nature and also people.

We started off the mla format essay day setting up our tents with our tent mates. This was a lot of fun, it gave us a time to laugh and bond. This was one of my favorite moments. Another fun activity was canoeing. Being on the water was very calming and I like the rhythmic feel of resume ready, paddling the canoe. I am so thankful that I went on this trip because it gave me time outside that I usually don not have. There is nothing more refreshing then breathing in morning air the second you wake up.

Being at Eau Claire in general has made it easy to find time outside from going to and from classes to Ultimate Frisbee. There was a bond that was formed with all of us. I now wave at everyone in essay on word, the bundle when I see them around campus and know better as individuals. Research On Intrinsic And Extrinsic Motivation. I am very thankful to be in this bundle. It has made me appreciate the things around me that I usually do not think about. I appreciate seeing wildlife around campus, having such a beautiful river so close to me and essay on word being able to have classes outside with Dr. Is Importance. Pierce.

Thank you for such a great trip. As Admiral Adama would say, “Earth is a dream. On Word. one we've been chasing for a long time. We've earned it. This is Earth.” That is kind of reading is importance essay, how I feel when I get to go out and enjoy nature. Essay On Word. I get to see nature most every day while I walk around, but rarely do I fully get to just enjoy nature for its being. This past weekend was really quite enjoyable, I felt like I was able to sort of just be. I feel like I’ve been chasing this dream of really finding Earth, and every once in a while I catch a glimpse of what the Earth and on intrinsic and extrinsic motivation nature really are. The camping trip was really a very fun, and fulfilling experience for me. Not only mla format essay did I get to get out and teenage essay enjoy nature, but I got to know my fellow classmates better. The trip also made me think of on word, mankind’s relationship with nature, and pseudarthrosis with 2mm retrolisthesis how we perceive nature. Plus there is nothing like almost freezing to death in the woods to mla format essay, make you feel alive.

Also a big thanks to all of our proffesors who made the whole thing possible. This camping trip was nothing I expected it to resume ready, be. I thought we would be doing a whole bunch of work and school stuff, and I was not looking forward to that because it was the weekend. Thankfully it wasn't like that at all. We had to some work of course but it was fun, because it made me understand that human involvement with the environment can help but also harm the mla format essay delicate nature that is there. Also on this trip I really learned to live in the moment. That's so nice sometimes because you can finally take a break from your busy life and enjoy everything around you, the nature, people and the place you're in.

I loved that I got to know everyone in the class from resume ready, this trip, and I feel like we are all a lot closer now. Mla Format. I'd have to say my favorite part was sitting around the camp fire for reading, hours just talking and listening to stories. Essay On Word. I wasn't very glad when we all started to share our ghost stories though. I never had the pseudarthrosis opportunity to officially thank Ben for all his extremely creepy stories that kept me from getting a wink of sleep Saturday night. I also loved the sunset that we all got up to see and the beautiful stars that were so bright in on word, the sky that night.

I really should thank all the resume ready professors for putting this trip together because it was a lot of fun and it must have been hard to organize.

Expert Essay Writers -
MLA Format Papers: Step-by-step Tips …

Engagement and Learning What Is_? Programme. 'How was your performance today?' I could be asking a teacher, a driver, a stockbroker or a lover. 'Performance' is a recurrent term within today's general lexicon, yet practitioners and theorists in the field of Performance Studies disagree as to what constitutes this nebulous art form. In the context of the contemporary art world it allows us to suggest a practice full of paradoxes, wilfully refusing to be fenced in. As a starting point, allow me to guide you through an undulating path of definitions or suggestions on the road to understanding Performance Art. I will not be directing you towards a signpost marked 'Performance Art' because there is no such thing. Mla Format Essay. But if there were, you would find a plethora of practioners squabbling at its base, with the live durational performance artists staging an infinite sit-in. Performance is an 'essentially contested concept'. 1 Practitioners and theorists occupy this space of disagreement, allowing the essay field to unfold and incorporate a multitude of practices.

Amelia Jones explains that Body art and performance art have been defined as constitutive of postmodernism because of their fundamental subversion of modernism's assumption that fixed meanings are determinable through the formal structure of the work alone. 2 Performance Art cannot be described simply in terms of a particular structure or work. All forms and on word media are at the artist's disposal. Santiago Sierra's work Veterans of the Wars of Northern Ireland, Afghanistan and year Iraq facing the corner, 2011 at the Manchester Gallery of Art simply installed a performer in a bare room for seven hours a day over mla format essay, nine days. Pauline Cummins and essay Louise Walsh collaborated on mla format essay, their 1992 Sounding the Depths video, photographic and sound installation, projecting mouths onto each other's bodies; proclaiming bodily ownership amid this turbulent period of lack of control over Irish women's bodies. Indeed, Performance Art cannot be said to stem from essay any one particular discipline: theatre, dance or the visual arts. London's Live Art Development Agency describe Live Art as 'a gene pool of artists, whose work is rooted in a broad church of disciplines, they have crossed each other's paths, blurred each other's edges and, in the process, opened up new creative forms. Mla Format Essay. 3 With practices from different art forms performing (excuse the pun), Performance Art is, then, interdisciplinary, collapsing the boundaries between disciplines. This essay, however, focuses on performance .in the visual arts, a practice ubiquitous in the contemporary art world.

Performance Art is contingent, simply, on the presence (and absence) of the body. Resume Ready. The body, site, audience and time are its four pillars, with corporeal action the mla format essay on word central axis. Artists turned to resume ready the physical body and essay on word brought an 'aliveness', a temporality and instability to and extrinsic artworks. Typical understanding of Performance Art is as a solo practice with the artist's body-as-medium at mla format, its core; an embodied practice. But the essay practice may also incorporate other bodies: performers and audience members. In 2010 Dominic Thorpe made a live, durational performance in the 126 gallery, Galway, completely in darkness. Redress State, Questions Imagined gave the mla format essay on word audience small torches to essay illuminate the darkened performance site as they wished, engaging the viewer in an auditory, sense experience. Thorpe's removal of one of our senses refocused our experience of his work into a physical, embodied one. It is the essay action of the body, the authenticity of an activity, that frames it as Performance Art. RoseLee Goldberg describes the context thus: '. the live presence of the artist, and the focus on the artist's body, became central to notions of 'the real', and a yardstick for installation and video art.

4. Performance Art, from its beginnings, occurred in app short running, both alternative and formal locations. Site is mla format essay on word a potent element in the framing of the work. A work of live performance on the street will have a distinct reading to one viewed in a gallery context. Indeed a performative video or photograph shot on research paper motivation, the street has a different interpretation to one shot in essay, a studio. This essay is littered with examples of live performance works with the essay christmas site listed as a significant element to the manifestation of the works. Time, or what is called duration in Performance Art, is a critical element. Mla Format. Performance Art is research and extrinsic a time-based practice. Mla Format On Word. Durational work — generally anything over three hours — is a particular strand of practice and inevitably brings with it elements of endurance. Endurance comes in different forms; from the suicide argumentative essay grande endurance or masochistic performance 5 to the petite endurance, occurring in performances that explore everyday life. 6.

With the body at the centre of performance practice, what kind of activity occurs? The influential Performance Studies scholar and theatre director Richard Schechner describes performance as 'an ephemeral event which shares characteristics with a nexus of activities including play, game, sport, and ritual. 7 Consider the following artworks: Chris Burden, Shoot, 1971. Burden walked into F Space gallery, California and had himself shot in essay on word, the arm.

Marina Abramovic /ULAY, Rest Energy, 1980, ROSC '80, Dublin. Christmas And New. A bow and mla format essay on word arrow is held taut by the performers' body weight, the arrow pointed directly at Abramovic's heart. One slip or break in with, concentration and the arrow could pierce Abramovic's heart. Franko B, I Miss You!, 2002, Tate Modern. Franko walked up and down a catwalk, bleeding from the on word veins in each arm, painting the canvas-covered floor with his blood. Works such as these are often thought of when considering Performance Art; sensational and common app short running risky, they challenge the very integrity of the corporeal body, and are emblematic of grande endurance works. Mla Format Essay. Performance practice, even from the 1960s and '70s, also includes works focusing more on participation and transforming everyday actions: Dennis Oppenheim, Reading Position for Second Degree Burn, 1970. A photographic work in two parts. Oppenheim lies on the beach, firstly with a book over his chest and latterly without the book, displaying evidence of resume ready sunburn with the shadow of the absent book. Joseph Beuys, Bureau for Direct Democracy, 1972.

A live performance. Over the 100 days of Documenta 5, Beuys invited the audience to mla format engage in conversation with him on democracy and argumentative essay politics. Pipilotti Rist, Ever is Over All, 1997. A performance to video. A young woman walks along a city street, smashing the windows of parked cars with a large tropical flower. Performance Art — the Performing Arts. The Performing Arts refers to theatre, dance, opera and the circus. Cultural anthropologist Victor Turner made a key distinction between Performance Art and the Performing Arts when he declared Performance Art as: 'making, not faking'. 8 Put simply, the artist is on word actually shot in the arm, car windows are really smashed, skin is truly sunburned.

These are not illusions but actual bodily experiences. App Short. In the 1970s, Performance Art stood in direct opposition to theatre. As the form has developed this oppositional distinction is not as relevant, due to mla format essay many crossovers and similarities. Performance occupies an in-between place. Essay. The performance artist is not 'acting' in the traditional theatrical sense. Essay On Word. They are not performing themselves but not not performing themselves either. Essay About Christmas. The performance frame is contingent and temporary, holding the performer in a liminal, provisional and suspended place.

This frame of performance time is essay a particular construct the artist or performer steps into. Kira O'Reilly's cutting piece, Untitled Action: NRLA, The Arches, Glasgow, 2005, is a construct performed in public. While in action it may relate to forms of self-harm, made public and common app short essay placed in the Live Performance frame, it offers the viewer an empathetic human-to-human encounter. Precisely because O'Reilly performs live, inhabiting the same place and mla format on word time as the audience, and is the artist/maker constructing the action, the work becomes an intersubjective experience. 9 Josette Feral illucidates: '. 'performance' attempts not to tell (like theatre) but rather to paper provoke synaesthetic relationships'. 10. A short and rocky road into on word the history of performance. There are a variety of proposals as to how Performance Art developed and, as all good postmodern students know, history is not objective, it is a contextualised construction. From the perspective of a practitioner in the field of performance from the app short running visual arts, allow me to on word sketch the relatively brief history of Performance Art.

RoseLee Goldberg's book, Performance Art: From Futurism to the Present, first published in 1979, dates the resume ready beginning of Performance Art very precisely to 20 February 1909: the day the first Futurist Manifesto was published in Le Figaro newspaper. She charts her theory on the development of the essay on word art form up through Constructivism, Dada, Surrealism and is importance Bauhaus and cites the significant influence of the mla format essay Black Mountain College in the US as foundational, referring to John Cage in music, Merce Cunningham in common app short, dance and on word Allan Kaprow's Happenings. Looking to parallels in Europe, she cites the practices of Piero Manzoni, Yves Klein and Joseph Beuys as important — artists we identify more immediately as belonging to the visual arts. Goldberg's arc of Performance Art encompasses the different disciplines of theatre, dance, visual art and music into the family of Performance Art. Goldberg explains that '. by pseudarthrosis with, its very nature performance defies precise or easy definition beyond the simple declaration that it is mla format on word live art by artists. Any strict definition would immediately negate the possibility of performance itself. Research And Extrinsic. 11. Another historical perspective from close to the emblematic era is Performance by essay on word, Artists, edited by A. A. Bronson and is importance Peggy Gale and also published in 1979. In her Introduction, Gale opens by mla format on word, making two clear distinctions in practice between Canada/US and Europe.

She cites European practice as 'more theoretical, more intellectualised — if only because of the apparent rejection of teenage suicide argumentative essay those qualities of narration and mla format entertainment [as seen in Canadian and US works]. Essay And New Year. [European practice employs] tableaux vivants. [and is]. a form of mla format essay extended sculpture. 12. Looking at this from the globalised world of the twenty-first century, it is informative to note that in the days before the multifarious biennials and blockbuster exhibitions criss-crossing the world there was a proposal suggesting two clear branches of app short essay running practice. Gale cites a foundational figure in each location: Vito Acconci in Canada/US and Joseph Beuys in Europe. Thomas McEvilley, in a less historically-focused trajectory, suggests three fountains of interest as noteworthy in mla format essay, the development of about Performance Art practice: Performance emerges from the mla format essay history of theatre and begins as a counterpoint to realism. McEvilley's reference to painting as a springboard for Performance Art resonates in Harold Rosenberg's watershed 1952 essay, 'The American Action Painters', illustrating a turn in practice; '. what was to go on the canvas was not a picture but an 2mm retrolisthesis event [. ] The image would be the essay result of this encounter. 14 Performance artworks are events that have at their core a living, breathing body presented in essay year, an art frame.

Hans Namuth's 1950 documentary film of Jackson Pollock at work is also influential, aligning the medium of film with an artist's action. Performative practice is extant in the contemporary art world. At a cursory glance we can cite Matthew Barney's mammoth Cremaster series and Cindy Sherman's Untitled Film Stills, with the artist taking on different guises, staging (or performing) images of feminine stereotypes. Looking at this trajectory it is essay interesting to note that even from its emblematic period, performance practice was not contingent on suicide, the presence of a live audience. Artworks were called Performance Art simply when artists used the body. Works performed to camera in the artist's studio include: Bruce Nauman, Self-Portrait as a Fountain, 1966-67, in front of an invited audience; Gilbert George, The Singing Sculpture, 1970, at mla format essay on word, the Nigel Greenwood Gallery in London, and sometimes in front of an unintentional audience; Tehching Hsieh's One Year Performance, 1981-1982. Hsieh stayed outdoors in New York for one year, while his audience — New Yorkers going about essay about year their everyday lives — unintentionally witnessed his performance.

15. Performance Art — live or mediated presentation? The current generation's engagement with Performance Art from mla format on word its emblematic period is mostly through grainy black and white photographs. These images themselves become iconic references to pseudarthrosis with 2mm retrolisthesis influential works, and are unavoidably dislocated from the context of essay on word their live presentation. They live bound up in the mythology of the event. It is the re-presentation of these ephemeral events that excites; the absent made present, the disappeared reappearing in the form of photography, video and stories. Alanna O'Kelly made her 1995 live performance Oms in St Mary's Abbey, Dublin.

In the darkly-lit twelfth-century chapel, O'Kelly's feet and calves were illuminated as she ran on the spot. Running. The hairs on her legs stood out, the sound of her breath audibly taxed. I did not witness this live performance and have only seen fleeting video documentation of it, but it lives in the annals of Performance Art folklore. It is through documentation and mla format essay casual conversations that the pseudarthrosis myth (and life) of live performance works continues. The 'evidence' of such artworks are available to mla format essay us through representations of the event: photographs, posters, sometimes videos, and always stories, testimony and mythology. What had been absent from discussions around performance from the visual arts was this distinction between the live, communal moment between performer and audience and a performance experienced through a mediated presentation.

That was until Peggy Phelan's ontological proclamation of performance's contingency on the live experience: 'Performance's only life is in the present'. 16. Phelan's seminal essay focuses on the 'manically charged' present of a live performance. This 'presentness' of essay both performer and spectator calls for, in Phelan's terms, the active participation of the audience in the liminal space of live performance. The audience become interpreters or co-creators when experiencing live performance; the emancipated spectator that philosopher Jacques Rancire writes of. This spotlight on mla format on word, the relationship between the live performer and live audience refocused discussion about Performance Art to its liveness and its relational bond with the audience. The term Live Art emerged in the UK, and was formalised with the formation of the Live Art Development Agency in 1999. Live Art centres on the temporality and app short running ephemerality of Performance Art in its widest sense.

Amelia Jones, on the other hand, prefers to consider Performance Art works via their mediated presentation (photographs and videos). She opts to mla format on word refer to the works as Body Art rather than Performance Art and claims the viewer can also have this performative relationship with an image from a performance work. Teenage Argumentative Essay. 17 (Here we are challenged by the multiple contemporary uses of the term 'performance'. This performative relationship with artworks engages the viewer as an embodied, creative interpreter.) The mediated document, Jones claims, is mla format on word equally as valid as the live performance and indeed is more neutralised and set apart, allowing the viewer to consider it outside of the manically charged present of live performance. This wonderfully sophisticated disagreement does, however, offer us some clarity. With Phelan's declaration of the 'presentness' of Performance Art and the emergence of the term Live Art on resume ready, the one hand, and Jones' subsequent hypothesis and focus on mediated works/documentation — Body Art — we may glimpse the possibility of a distinction in modes of mla format on word presentation, all of reading is importance which come under the umbrella term Performance Art. Live Performance Art: Live presentation in front of an audience, corporeal acivity made public: Performance Art/Live Art. A mediated presentation, made privately to the camera or re-presentation of a Live Performance: Performance Art/Body Art. Performance Art and the Death of the Object. Ephemerality and immateriality have always been important aspects of Performance Art. For some practitioners in the 1960s and '70s this immateriality was a form of protest directly against essay on word the art market.

They produced oneoff ephemeral events that could not be contained, priced and sold. In the contemporary era of service industries and commodified events, this political stance against the art market is especially complicated. Tino Sehgal's performance works are hinged purely on live encounters. He fundamentally avoids the production of any objects, and exhibits and sells his works with no written or visual documentation. In his 2004 performance, This Objective of That Object, the visitor is surrounded by five people who remain with their backs to the viewer.

The five chant, 'The objective of about christmas and new this work is to become the object of a discussion'; when the visitor does not respond they slowly sink to the ground. If the visitor engages with them they begin a discussion. Sehgal's works have been collected by mla format essay on word, a number of significant institutions around the world, including the Tate, London and the Museum of Modern Art, New York. 18 On the sale of his work, the artist stipulates that there are no written instructions, no written receipt and no images. Sehgal's practice has been read as the full stop in the death of the object: 'Body Art should be seen as an research motivation extension of, not substitute for, conceptual art'. 19.

Adrian Heathfield frames the current flux in performance practice as eventhood. 'Eventhood allows spectators to live for a while in the paradox of two impossible desires: to be present in the moment, to savour it, and to save the moment, to still and mla format on word preserve its power long after it has gone. Suicide. 20 There are, of course, no rules: performance artists may make ephemeral events and produce images, videos or objects around those events, or structure their work to live purely in the moment of its live performance. Heathfield's distinction suggests that the detritus and documentation of live action functions as a relic of an event passed into memory but, as Jones asserts, these subsequent performative artworks hold their own potency independent of the live moment. The reception of Performance Art is a creative and relational process; its live manifestation offers a unique relationship. The live audience may construct the meaning and interpretation of the mla format on word work. American performance artist Marilyn Arsem's practice has focused particularly on the relationship between her live performances and the audience's reception. Her 1991-1993 performance Red in Woods was designed for a single viewer and paper and extrinsic involved twenty-eight performers. In a snow-filled wood outside Boston the lone audience member followed a length of red wool.

At their own pace the viewer encountered objects and performers along their journey. 'Each person's understanding of the performance was unique, coloured by her or his own concerns, undiluted by mla format essay on word, anyone else's perspective.' 21 Live performance lives in the experiential, a process made public, an essay about christmas year encounter inviting the viewer to engage, bringing their own personal meaning to the work. An exciting and mla format on word potent part of live performance is the mythology that develops around a one-off temporal event; the creative reverberations that come from the audience. Is Importance Essay. Art writing plays an important role, from the formal essays and mla format reviews to the social media forums such as blogs, Facebook and Twitter, where the audience's transformative experience is communicated. Live performance from the visual arts in Ireland is currently a vibrant practice, grounded in responding with the about year physical body and psychological self. There are many theories on how and why this kind of mla format essay on word practice has developed, with suggestions that such evolution is closely connected to app short the Troubles, amid which artists felt conventional forms of art making failed to express the experiences happening outside the door of the studio. 22. The significance of Alastair MacLennan within Irish practice cannot be underestimated: a teacher in mla format essay on word, Belfast from the mid '70s, MacLennan asks his audience to witness and co-inhabit the visceral territories he explores. In 1988 MacLennan made a seminal work, The Burn, in the shell of the pseudarthrosis with 2mm retrolisthesis building adjoining the old Project Arts Centre in Dublin. In an eight hour non-stop actuation (MacLennan's term for mla format on word his performance installations), he moved slowly around the paper and extrinsic motivation burned-out shell of the building amid rubble and specifically placed objects, including pigs' heads and burned-out flags, electrifying the sitespecific installation with the human body.

Another important point of reference is essay on word Brian O'Doherty/Patrick Ireland's performative stance in response to the political situation in Ireland. In 1972, O'Doherty changed his name to Patrick Ireland in a ritual performance, again at the Project Arts Centre, in pseudarthrosis with, protest against the Bloody Sunday massacre in Derry. Essay On Word. He vowed to sign all of his subsequent artworks as Patrick Ireland. In 2008 O'Doherty buried Patrick Ireland in a Live Performance in the grounds of IMMA in recognition of the progress of the peace process. Samuel Beckett's late plays, Not I, That Time and Breath, 'exist somewhere between installation and poetry, their strict aesthetic bringing the meditative rhythms of visual art into pseudarthrosis performance.' 23 His works are essential pivots for performance practitioners globally, but clearly have special significance for Irish artists.

Current practice is an ever shifting beast, difficult to contain within the crosshairs of an essay essay written contemporaneously. Nevertheless, Performance Art currently stands at suicide argumentative, a particular moment of evolution. Mla Format Essay On Word. As collections around the world attempt to reflect and collect performance works, there has been some significant examination into methods of extending, capturing and archiving the essay and new ephemerality of mla format on word performance works both in theory and in common app short essay running, practice. TRACE: Displaced was performed live at the National Review of Live Art in Glasgow in 2008. In a replica of the TRACE art space in Cardiff, five artists (Andre Stitt, Beth Greenhalgh, Lee Hassall, Phil Babot and Roddy Hunter) performed durationally over four days. On a table outside the installation, Heike Roms made a live documentation of the live performance using Post-it notes, polaroids and typed sheets of paper.

At one point she noted one of the performers making an action in the centre of the installation — the mla format on word site, she noted, in the gallery in Cardiff that Northern Irish artist Brian Connolly had buried his time capsule during his 2002 live performance Initiate. Roms layered the live action we were viewing with shadows of past performances and a history of the Cardiff site. Connolly's ephemeral work — absent to our eyes — was brought alive, contained within a collective memory and communicated to the present, displaced audience in Glasgow. Recently, we have also seen significant structural developments for with Performance Art in the visual art world. Mla Format Essay. In 2009 the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York appointed their first Curator-in-Chief for reading is importance Performance Art, and essay on word the Whitworth Gallery, Manchester cleared its permanent collection and resume ready installed fourteen durational performances for a three-week exhibition.

24 2010 saw the mla format essay first retrospective of a performance artist: Marina Abramovic's The Artist is Present at MoMA. Galleries and museums are currently opening their doors to live Performance Art, either 'eventing' an exhibition or making exhibitions centred on Live Performances. This development opens the common app short running white cube to a messy unpredictability. Live performance is often a chaotic beast, with the collision of the fluctuating unknowns of action, site, time and audience. Essay On Word. Part of the excitement of pseudarthrosis anything witnessed live is this tantalising unknown; each iteration of a live performance is unique and unrepeatable.

Alongside these recent developments in the canon of the visual arts are the multifarious performance festivals. In many countries around the world significant festivals of Performance Art show a wide range of Live Performances over concentrated periods of time. The National Review of Live Art in Glasgow, set up in 1979, is one of the longest running festivals of Live Art in the world, showing a variety of Performance Art practices. In 2005 RoseLee Goldberg set up Performa, a Performance Art biennial in New York, focusing on live presentations. On Word. In 2001 IMMA hosted the performance event Marking the Territory. Over a three-day period twenty-three artists from sixteen countries performed at the museum.

Live Performance can happen anywhere, at any time, for any duration. Year. Bbeyond, the Northern Irish performance collective, perform regularly on the streets of Northern Ireland — often unannounced but sometimes framed within an arts festival — making dynamic interventions in public spaces, outside galleries or cultural institutions. Abramovic, on the other hand, performed live in mla format on word, the cathedral of contemporary art, MoMA, New York in essay, 2010 for mla format essay three months. Performance Art remains an extraordinarily complex and expressive idea, which transcends language, form, image and teenage essay monetary value. It defies categorisation: it's live; it's mediated; it appears; it disappears; it's an mla format essay experience; it's an image; it's a smell; it's a sound; it exists; it persists; it's a video; it's a photograph; it's a story; it's an object; it's an idea; it's a relationship; it's called Live Art; it's called Body Art; it's called Performative Practice. Resume Ready. It is Performance Art, asking 'us what it means to be here, now'. 25. © Amanda Coogan, 2011. Strine, Long and Hopkins in their 1990 survey article 'Research in Interpretation and Performance Studies: Trends, Issues, Priorities', cited in Dwight Conquergood, 'Of Caravans and Carnivals: Performance Studies in Motion', TDR, Vol. 39, No. 4, Autumn 1995, pp.

137- 141. Also see Marvin Carlson, 'What is Performance?', in on word, Henry Bail (ed.), The Performance Studies Reader, London: Routledge, 2004. Amelia Jones, Body Art/Performing the suicide argumentative Subject, University of Minnesota Press, 1998, p. 21. Essay. Live Art Development Agency, London, http://www.thisisliveart.co.uk/about_us/what_is_ live_art.html (accessed 11/5/2011), The Live Art Development Agency 2009. Research And Extrinsic. RoseLee Goldberg, Performance Art: From Futurism to the Present, London: Thames and Hudson, 2001, p. Mla Format. 9. Essay. See Kathy O'Dell, Contract with the Skin: Masochism, Performance Art, and the 1970s, University of Minnesota Press, 1998, which describes masochistic performance practices, including Gina Pane, Vito Acconci, Chris Burden and early Abramovic/ULAY.

See Peggy Phelan, 'On Seeing the Invisible: Marina Abramovic's The House with the Ocean View', Milan: Charta, 2003. Phelan cites Linda Montano, Allan Kaprow and Tehching Hsieh as American-based artists who explored the structure of ritual and mla format everyday life in their performances. Richard Schechner, as cited in paper on intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, Mike Pearson, 'Theatre/Archaeology', in TDR, Vol. 38, No. 4, Winter 1994. Victor Turner, From Ritual to Theatre: The Human Seriousness of on word Play, New York: PAJ Publications, 1984, p. 93. See Rachel Zerihan, 'Revisiting Catharsis in Contemporary Live Art Practice: Kira O'Reilly's Evocative Skin Works', in Theatre Research International, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 32-42. Josette Feral, 'Performance and Theatricality: The Subject Demystified', in Modern Drama, Vol.

25, 1982, p. 179. Goldberg, pp. 8-9. A. And Extrinsic Motivation. A. Bronson and Peggy Gale, Performance by on word, Artists, Toronto: Art Metropole, 1979, p. 1. Thomas McEvilley, Stages of Energy: Performance Art Ground Zero?, as cited in Peggy Phelan, 'On Seeing the reading is importance essay Invisible: Marina Abramovic's The House with the Ocean View', Milan: Charta, 2003, p. 174. Harold Rosenberg, 'The American Action Painters', in mla format essay, The Tradition of the New, originally in Art News 51/8, December 1952. See Adrian Heathfield and the Live Art Development's 2009 book Out of Now for on intrinsic and extrinsic a full discussion on the significance of Hsieh's practice. Mla Format On Word. Peggy Phelan, Unmarked: The Politics of Performance, London: Routledge, 1993, p. 146. Reading Is Importance. See Amelia Jones, Body Art/Performing the Subject. IMMA have yet to add a work of Live Performance Art to their collection (1/10/2011). Jon Erickson, 'Performing Distinctions', in PAJ: A Journal of Performance and Art, Vol. 21, No.

3, September 1999, p. 101. Adrian Heathfield, Live: Art and Performance, London: Routledge, 2004, p. 9. Marilyn Arsem, Red in Woods. See www.marilynarsem.net (accessed 23/7/2011). Andre Stitt, Lecture for Points d'Impact, Performance Art Festival, Centre for Contemporary Art, Geneva, 2009. Alison Croggon, Review of 'Beckett's Shorts', Theatre Notes, 23 April 2009 (Web accessed 27/5/2011).

Marina Abramovic Presents . at the Whitworth Gallery of Art, Manchester, 3-19 July 2009. Interestingly, of the fourteen international artists in the exhibition Alastair MacLennan, Kira O'Reilly and myself, Amanda Coogan, are Irish or live on the island. See http://www.thisisliveart.co.uk/about_us/what_is_live_art.html (accessed 11/5/2011). The Live Art Development Agency 2009. Irish Museum of Modern Art, Royal Hospital, Kilmainham, Dublin 8, D08 FW31, Ireland.